Deans & Directors Cohort
Join the 2021 GRLI Deans Directors Cohort
As a dean or senior leader of a forward thinking and outward facing learning institution, you work with increasingly competing internal and external priorities. Not least the paradoxes and possibilities associated with developing a global perspective and implementing responsibility in leadership and practice.
Alongside this you must manage the ever demanding cycle of transformational change required by learning and education fit for the 21st century.
The Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative, an EFMD, AACSB International and UN Global Compact strategic partnership, is committed to facilitating innovative, pioneering and action oriented co-learning opportunities for senior leaders in the fields of management, higher education and organisational learning.
We invite you to join a collaboratory of deans and directors acting as catalysts of change.
Last year, while many events were constrained by the pandemic, our community of engaged deans/directors and approach to inquiry-led virtual collaboration fueled the Cohort’s growth from 50 people to over 100 committed change agents.
As an example, the November collaborative meeting convened more than 60 Deans, Directors and learning partners, including several new participants. This event’s rich array of ideas, initiatives and insights are accessible to Cohort contributors on the Cohort Learnings Dashboard (only available to GRLI Partners, Associates and Cohort contributors).
This is not a webinar for passive consumption but a participant-driven co-learning opportunity that complements the Deans Cohort in-person gatherings.
Active engagement and commitment will enable you to:
- collaborate with other committed change agents in a facilitated global process of co-learning and co-creation,
- develop a deeper understanding of the vision of management education for the world,
- define and initiate a transformative change outcome or program for your organization,
- identify and share tools and methodologies to facilitate further exploration and implementation of global responsibility within your own organization,
- share the cohort’s collective learning across leading networks and on global platforms as a bold call to action for educators and the industry worldwide,
- be recognized as leaders taking charge of and acting on issues of key importance for the future of management education,
- and impact the development of higher / management education globally.
In 2021, we intend to gather for a minimum of three inquiry-led virtual events, as well as smaller working meetings and side events. For example, participants of the D&DC (Mark Smith, Dima Rachid Jamali, Dayle Smith and Hanna-Leena Pesonen) will facilitate the 22 February RME Affinity Group at the AACSB Deans Meeting as a side event.
We are keen to observe how ideas and inquiries that emerge from the Cohort grow into initiatives, yield impact beyond the cohort and help develop new insights into the development of global responsibility
An annual contribution of EUR 600 will secure Institutional participation for the Dean / Director and up to three learning partners at the three main Deans Cohort gatherings. 2021 GRLI Contributors you welcome to either:
Book a meeting to discuss participation
- 23-24 March Deans Cohort Virtual Meeting
- 29-30 June Deans Cohort Virtual Meeting
- 21-22 October Deans Cohort meeting (Hosted by George Mason University School of Business)
- December Community Virtual Gathering
Note that meetings typically take place 3-6pm CET / 8-11am EST depending on participant availability