The role of a dean in the 21st century is increasingly challenging, multifaceted and complex – the context ever-changing and the learning environment more diverse and demanding than ever.
As a dean or senior leader of a forward thinking and outward facing learning institution, you work with increasingly competing internal and external priorities. Not least the paradoxes and possibilities associated with developing a global perspective and implementing responsibility in leadership and practice.
Alongside this you must manage the ever demanding cycle of transformational change required by learning and education fit for the 21st century.
The Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative, an EFMD, AACSB International and UN Global Compact strategic partnership, is committed to facilitating innovative, pioneering and action oriented co-learning opportunities for senior leaders in the fields of management, higher education and organisational learning.
Inspired by the 50+20 vision of “Management Education for the World”, and other transformative aiming initiatives, we invite you to join a collaboratory of deans and directors acting as catalysts of change.
The third meeting of the Deans & Directors Cohort takes place in Malaysia and is hosted by Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business from 9-11 November 2018.
During the KL meeting the Cohort will:
- Build and strengthen the foundational relationships and trust necessary in a space where Deans and Directors work with peers on difficult issues, find inspiration and refresh for the work ahead;
- Diversify the experience and skills in the room by involving new participants including representation from beyond Business Schools;
- Understand the unique contributions you bring to the cohort and to the Cohort’s collective learning;
- Progressing actions and initiatives related to the inquiry themes already identified by the Cohort e.g.:
- Collective actions for systemic impact
- Inter-organisational partnerships and shared repositories
- Empowering students as agents of change
- Explore what is required to sustain and scale the impact of the Cohort;
- Agree on next steps.